Building a Prevention Center of Excellence
To our trusted grantees and community partners, we regretfully do not have a FY23 subawarding process in place at this time. This is due to changes within the VT Department of Substance Use and how they fund Vermont's Prevention Infrastructure. It is our hope that we can work to build a pool of prevention funds that are not VT DSU dependant and launch our RFA process again, to sustain the good work of your programs.
Mt. Ascutney Hospital and Health Center congratulates its latest group of subrecipients!
- Valley Court Diversion Programs, White River Junction, Youth & Young Adult Education Project
- Windsor Central Supervisory Union, Woodstock, WCSU Youth Empowerment group support
- Thetford Academy, Thetford, Getting to Y Group Training & Advisory Support
- Turning Point Recovery Center, Springfield, Recovery and Prevention in Partnership
- Little Rivers Health Care Inc., Bradford, Youth Coalition Development and supporing L.E.A.D in Orange County schools
- Second Wind Foundation / Upper Valley Turning Point,Outreach after overdose activities, decreasing overdose death
- HIV/HCR Resource Center (H2RC), Harm reduction approaches, increasing access to medical care for persons with active substance use
- Center for Health and Learning, Umatter for Families, Parent Portal
- Youth Services, Friends for Change (summer programming)
- The Collaborative, Collaborative Camp (summer programming)
Supporting Documents & Opportunities
For Current Subrecipients
Data Dashboard – View population-level data related to substance misuse prevention for Windsor and Orange Counties.
Policy Clearinghouse – Access model policies and resources for substance misuse prevention and other health and wellness topics to support healthy communities.
For more information regarding substance misuse prevention strategies, please use the following resources prior to preparing a grant application.
Videos that describe the work of primary prevention: https://www.addictionpolicy.org/prevention
About the VT Prevention Model (strategy approaches in relation to the number of persons impacted): VT Prevention Model
The excerpt from Vermont’s State Health Improvement - Plan 2019-2023 on the following page helps illustrate the connection between health disparities, the social determinants of health, and risks for substance use. The complete SHIP can be accessed here.
For prevention strategy ideas that are evidence-based, effective, or found to be promising practices please use the following websites (provided as guidance, not required):